you're sick of hearing about weddings, because everyone is doing it, but i must let you know that progress is being made. wedding bands were purchased today. mine is just about as plain as it gets, which is what i like. tonight, envelopes were addressed with the incredible handwriting skills of nate and rata. and plans for the best processional music you've ever heard are underway. get ready. so, now we just have to take care of the little things, like planning a freaking RECEPTION.
we also looked at a pretty nice apartment today, and it looks as though thats where we'll live. the good news is that there are two other two-bedroom apartments in the same building right next door that are being renovated, and you're invited to move in! so start looking for jobs in bethlehem. and the rent's pretty cheap, too!
went to the good friday service tonight. i try to have a good attitude every year, and every year i come out more cynical than i was before (which is hard to believe). i don't think i want to go next year. i don't think it's healthy for me.
i got my first issue of relevant magazine today. i think they would fulfill their mission of relevance a lot more effectively if they spent less time trying to convince everyone that they are relevant and more time actually just being so. it takes more than a slick design to be relevant, and sometimes i don't think they're picking up on that. and seriously, simply by calling your magazine "relevant" screams the fact that you're trying too hard. i appreciate their effort, and it's not all bad, but, yeah, i believe you're relevant, you dont have to try and convince me on every page, just write, that's all i ask.
Saturday, March 26, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I feel the same way (or close to the same) as you do about the whole good friday thing...even though I know it's different for both of us. I couldn't even take communion tonight I felt so cynical and way too self-absorbed which made me realize I wasn't really focussing on Christ' suffering...just how much I felt like I was suffering inside, which is not horrible but not where I should be I guess. At least, before taking and meditating and reflecting on the elements and the sacraments.
Also, the name RELEVANT for the magazine is more for our parents to realize I think. I agree with you on everything, but I think they are trying to nail that point home b/c many baby boomer christians haven't grasped that "relevance to culture is not optional." That's all. But yeah, you're right. Again.
Post a Comment