"I don't want to be in a job that turns me into this. This isn't me."
I said this a few days ago and I've been sharing it in conversation with a few people here and there. I've been saying that I'm generally a patient person, but not in this job. I've been saying that I'm generally a compassionate person, but not in this job.
Tonight I was sharing it with someone and as it came out my mouth, the error in my thinking occurred to me. The wise man with whom I was speaking was quick to point it out as well:
Really, it's just the opposite. I'm not a patient person. I'm not a compassionate person. But this job is and will be extending and shaping and refining and developing my patience and compassion.
What a tough, grueling, sobering reality.
Tuesday, April 04, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
yeah, life is a funny thing.
God knows what you need, and will truly not leave you without the skills He knows will fit you out for what comes next...
but yes, very sobering indeed....
Post a Comment