Stealing the Internet at home has become harder and harder these days, so updates have been a little less frequent. I hope I'm not inundating you with all these posts...
The blossoming trees of the neighborhood are dropping their petals in the wind and pink is being scattered everywhere. The neighbor’s yard is covered. There are piles of pink lining the curbs, a sight that brought a smile to my face. I tried to capture it with my plastic camera, but the chances of it turning out well enough to do the scene justice are quite slim.
I finally got the Amina EP. It is beautiful. But, I’ll be honest and admit that I bought it mostly for the desk bells and the musical saw, both of which are absent. Furthermore, four songs is not enough, and each of the four could gladly be drawn out longer than they already are.
New Unwed Sailor material is finally being released, some yesterday, some this summer, some this fall. I am warily excited.
Friends with Money? Yeah, we missed that one too. Perhaps we’ll get out to see L’Enfant this week? Doubtful. These only-one-week-long showings are a pain.
The real question is this: Akeelah and the Bee - will it be good or incredibly cheesy?
And is it just me, or does Audrey Tatou lose some of her everyone's-favorite-little-french-girl appeal when she's alongside Tom Hanks? Is it because it makes her seem more American?
The Combovers completed a little bit more of their recording on Sunday, and we’re looking to do even more on Saturday. Get ready.
Yep.
Wednesday, May 03, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
To the AUDREY TATOU question, YES and YES. She loses a lot next to Mr. Tom Hanks (not ratting on him...just stating a fact). And regarding AKEELAH...I had my doubts to...ever sine I saw previews of it at the end of last year. But after listening to Roger Ebert\'s glowing review, I\'m guessing that even though it may be a tad (tad!) bit cheesy, I\'ll like it still. But who knows? I won\'t DA VINCI CODE or AKEELAH AND THE BEE for at least 2-3 months. You should let me know.
Post a Comment