Monday, September 04, 2006

Yesterday, Erica and I were such high-class-cultured-patrons-of-the-arts it was sick.

First, we went to see the Andy Warhol exhibit at the Allentown Art Museum. I really enjoyed it. I think it was my first time, at least since the age where it could be truly appreciated, seeing world famous artwork face to face. It is quite an experience, seeing Warhol's signature at the bottom of a print, and it made me disappointed to have missed the Andrew Wyeth exhibition in Philadelphia a few months back.

Second, we went to see a free performance of Romeo and Juliet in a big beautiful park in Allentown. This, too, was my first time seeing one of Shakespeare's works being performed live. I can't say I'm a huge fan, mostly because I haven't taken time to study up beforehand, which I think is kind of necessary with the guy, but the setting was beautiful (despite being downright frigid), and it was something out of the ordinary, which was much needed yesterday. The acting troupe was from New York, and while I'm no expert, I would say they were quite good. So the whole thing, especially the free part, was quite a privilege. And like I said, the park was absolutely beautiful, and when Erica and I have the second wedding we like to talk about (an excuse to get all of our favorite people in the same place again), it will hopefully be there.

It was a good day.

1 comment:

Chalupa said...

I would so come to a second wedding