No, I still haven't replaced my stereo, but I HAVE found a way to to hook my record player up to the TV. As if the quality of vinyl wasn't poor enough, I've degraded it even further by pumping it through the little speakers on my television. But what can you do?
That being said, Damien Jurado's And Now That I'm in Your Shadow is as beautifully mellow as ever, and I can think of no better album with which to relax, read, fall asleep, or welcome winter.
And by regaining my record player, I have regained several great albums, including Why?'s Sandollar EP, which just finished playing, Richard Swift's Walking Without Effort, which will be going on next, Amiina's AminaminA EP, which I've been wanting to listen to for quite some time, selections from Burnt Toast Vinyl's One-Sided LP series, and some older gems, like Simon and Garfunkel and Randy Newman and Bruce Spingsteen. I wish I had a longer afternoon.
Sunday, November 19, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment