Thursday, December 07, 2006

My brother (a man who is much further into adulthood than I am...he might even have an earlier bedtime than me due to his insanely-early-morning job) was a little disappointed to find that I covered my adventure in Hoboken but not our adventure in Allentown. So here we go...

We traveled 15 minutes to the city of Allentown the other week to see mewithoutYou playing with Forgive Durden and Piebald and Say Anything.

We couldn't find parking in Allentown, either, and when we finally found a spot, I had to cut across two lanes of traffic as the light turned green to get to it, and as I pulled in, two guys in a really large boat of a lowrider slowed down and scowled at me. It was scarier than missing an exit to Hoboken.

We didn't have to stand outside in the cold with the teenyboppers because we were over 21. See? There are perks to adulthood!

When we were waiting in the line, we were standing next to Aaron Weiss--the singer of mewithoutYou--who was sitting at the bar eating a meal. I told Andy who it was, and he admitted he thought it was a homeless guy on his way to the nearby rescue mission. Let's be honest, it was a reasonable assumption.

Forgive Durden was awful! Forgive Durden? More like Forgive Us For Making You Listen to This!

Piebald was fun, and it reminded me of college and Kyle, my roommate, when we would sing together, "HEY! You're part of it!"

mewithoutYou was really really good. Their set was too short, but what can you do?

We left before Say Anything played.

When we left the club, Andy saw the pickup truck of his friend--who was with us at the show and stayed after we left--in the parking lot, and he decided we needed to pull a prank on him. We found that he left the back sliding windows unlocked, so we slid them open, and shoved everything that was in the bed of the truck through the windows, including several large pieces of lumber, some fishing rods, a pair of gloves, a large hose, pieces of straw, and a few other things I'm forgetting. We decided to finish it off by hanging the big rusty chain on his rearview mirror. Andy went for it, and when he did, the entire mirror fell off the windshield. Whoops. We giggled like teenagers.

We got back home well before 11:00PM.

Man was it crazy! The whole evening kind of felt like we were Bo and Luke Duke!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks, I feel much more important now. I thought Forgive Durden was called Forget Durden....maybe I'm on to something.

The other fun part was watching my 3 rough around the edges friends be the only ones to get patted down by the security guards.

nateshorb said...

I totally forgot about that! Yes, that was hilariously odd.