For those of you who haven't heard yet, Erica and I will be spending our summer in Paris. And nothing is getting me more excited about Paris than watching the beautiful videos from Take Away Shows. They hire some indie rock bands to show up in random places and play a couple of songs while recording and video-taping.
Beautiful music in a beautiful setting captured beautifully makes for a pretty beautiful video. So, I highly recommend you spend some time checking them out. If you're not sure where to start, Arcade Fire (the entire band crammed into a freight elevator), The Shins (roaming around Amelie's hometown), The National (sitting around a dining table), and Andrew Bird (on a meandering stroll) are all pretty wonderful. And those are the only ones I've seen so far.
If you thought I could whistle, wait til you hear Andrew Bird.
I'm hoping we'll run into some Take Away performers when we're exploring the streets of Paris.
Jamin, let's quit our jobs and do this full time.
(If the videos aren't working so hot on this site, you can also look for them on YouTube.)
Thursday, April 26, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment