Friday, July 18, 2008

Time keeps going...

Another 3 graduate credits are down, taking me up to a respectable 12. I now know how to assess my students properly.

The newness of the Sigur Ros album I was raving about is wearing off. I got the new Death Cab for Cutie, and I wanted to turn it off in the middle of the first listen. Maybe I was in a bad mood, or maybe it's that bad, I'm not sure, but we're going to have to give it a second try. The new Coldplay, on the other hand, is very very enjoyable. It helped me wash the dishes in a jovial fashion last evening.

Last night consisted of a terrific tye-dye party. Such a fun thing to do; if only the end product were a bit more fashionable. The kit came with pillowcases, which will make lovely camping pillowcases in a few weeks if nothing else. I've been a lazy Flickr uploader, but I'm hoping to put some pictures up soon.

We went blueberry picking the other day and walked away with ten and a half pounds of blueberries. We'll freeze them and that should last about three years.

Our dresser started falling apart the other day, and what didn't fall apart, I pulled apart. I went to Loew's like I knew what I was doing, the only problem was, I didn't. Now I've got a dresser drawer in pieces strewn across our bedroom floor and no real, easy, good way to fix it. That's today's project, I suppose.

I've been working on one of my favorite hymn recordings yet. I got the drums recorded two days ago, which makes this the first of my recordings to ever make use of a full drum set (although I really only used 3 pieces of the set). I'm hoping to add bass today--after fixing the dresser, of course--and accordion somewhere down the road and one day I'll find a way to share it with you.

Tomorrow we leave for our week at WorldTeam. God has been good in providing many encouraging encounters in this past week in order to prepare us.

My old roommate Kyle gets married on Sunday and I am unable to be there. I'm excited for him, but just wish I could be there to see it.

No comments: