Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Carve 45 minutes out of your day to watch this...

...or if you're pressed for time, watch the first 15 minutes, let it load, and watch the last 5 minutes.

Just when I swear I'm not going to tell cyberspace about Sigur Ros anymore, I find another reason to make them known, this one being their recent concert at New York's Museum of Modern Art.

I recently made a mix CD for a kindred spirit that contained a Sigur Ros song for each fruit of the spirit: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. It sounds like an odd project, and maybe it is, but in my mind there's no other band besides this one that would allow you to complete such a notion. At any rate, it was a good exercise if nothing else.

But listening and watching the first song of this video confirmed that I picked the right song for patience, and watching the last song definitely confirmed I got the right one for joy.

No comments: