I'm in Philadelphia. I took a walk to Rittenhouse Square and it was absolutely beautiful. Nearly every bench was occupied. There were so many very different people there. I took a mental list of everyone I saw. I wish I could remember a bit better.
An elderly couple in love.
A crossword puzzle player, legs crossed, sunglasses on his head.
A man with his wiry combover blowing the wrong way.
Young guitar player looking forlorn on a blanket by himself.
Two men playing chess.
A painter, working on easel.
Child feeding potato chips to pigeons from stroller.
Young woman walking three identical dogs.
Man with concerned look on his face.
Two men playing latin percussion instruments.
A girl thumbing her newly purchased book.
A hipster reading a thin book next to a frumpy older woman.
Young moms gossiping.
Group of friends laughing in grass.
Old man in fine suit smoking a cigar with friend.
Lots of Phillies fans. Lots.
Friday, October 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment