I got a call this morning from a little boy speaking in a British accent. "Would you like to come over and play some games?" he asked, sounding a bit like Tiny Tim. It turns out it was my nephew, who at only 6 years of age has already perfected the British accent far more than I ever will. He kept speaking with it for some reason, and I could hardly answer I was giggling so hard. Where he and his sister learned this, I'm not sure, but I hope they keep it up.
So of course I went over to play some games, and they guessed that I agreed just because of the British accents. They know me really well.
After the games, my niece asked in her accent if I would be joining them for a bit of dinner and dessert. She recommended one of her "mini-omelets" and informed me that peaches and vanilla ice cream would be for dessert. Again, how could I turn it down? Especially when being asked in a British accent.
The girl--with only a very little help from her grandmother--whipped up the most amazing omelet I've had in recent memory, filled with spinach, turkey breast, and gorgonzola cheese, garnished perfectly with extra spinach and fresh, chopped tomato. It was so good!
Tuesday, August 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
next step is breakfast sandwiches...
Post a Comment