It's a wonderfully windy day today, and while I get super excited on days like these, I found that other teachers get equally scared.
Personally, I couldn't wait to walk outside to lunch, but most other teachers were giving heavy sighs and making remarks of paranoia. "Should we really be going outside? Will we be OK? Is it safe?"
All the while I never got a clear answer on what there was to be so scared about. I guess it's all the old trees on the campus, one of which had a limb down (and the entire tree was promptly chopped up a the close of school), but other than that, why can't we get out and enjoy a little wind?
I mentioned to one coworker that I couldn't wait to get home and fly a kite. "Oh no," she said, "not today!!" Hmm. Would it be better to wait for a day that isn't windy? That doesn't make much sense to me.
So while everyone was fretting and grumbling, I spent the entire day singing along with Page France in my head:
I believe in windy days when everything gets blown away, please let me be blown away, I promise you I'm not afraid...
Wednesday, October 07, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That's weird. But it was a beautiful windy day here, too! And as far as I know, none of us were freaking out. Glad you enjoyed it. :)
do you know what those kids are up to? i'd love to hear another album!
as far as i know, page france is defunct and michael nau is up to this: http://www.myspace.com/thecottonjonesbasketride which sounds quite similar, but an uninspired not quite as good version.
Post a Comment