Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Potty Talk

I really try hard and make an effort to keep my children's bodily functions off this blog. But this is too good.

The kid has been sitting on the toilet for a good five minutes and counting.

It started with him shouting nonsense.
Me: Please be quiet and don't shout like that.
Him: But I'm shouting.
Me: I know, and I've asked you to stop.

Then the cat starts meowing from down the hall.
Cat: Meow, meow, meow.
Him: I don't know Banjo, but I'm pooping right now.
(He's never been known to have conversations with the cat before. A new phase. I think I like it.)

His little brother sneezes in the next room.
Him: Bless you, Bless you...Bless you too, papa.

Then he starts singing an improvised song.
Him: Down, down, down to the sewer. There's an octopus down there. And a crocodile too.

The cat starts meowing again.
Cat: Meow, etc.
Him: OK Banjo, I'll be right there. Papa? I'm all done!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gram is really really laughing over this one!

Anonymous said...

i'm usually opposed to such talk but this kid is FUNNY! I especially appreciate the conversation with the cat.

ps. thanks for not posting a picture of his "accomplishments"

Jen S.

nateshorb said...

if i were still in college, living on a floor with 80 other guys, posting a picture would be perfectly acceptable. a given, really. i suppose my taste has matured, probably for the best.

but yes, he's funny. he was in rare form. one could say his mouth was running more than the bodily waste was at the time...