I made a bedtime mix for a little boy named Jacob. It was something I had meant to do for my own sons, but the kind of thing you only get around to doing when you want to celebrate someone else's son. So, despite it technically being for Jacob, I have a feeling we've benefited from it even more in our household, and probably me more than my sons. I consider it kind of wonderful having a collection of songs that have always calmed me, all together in one place. If you're bored on Spotify, you might want to consider compiling it...
Amiina - sexfaldur
Do Make Say Think - a tender history in rust
Six Parts Seven - sleeping diagonally
Sigur Ros - vaka
Page France - the belly in the fish
Iron & Wine - upward over the mountain
Sufjan Stevens - romulus
Jose Gonzalez - heartbeats
Bon Iver - re: stacks
Damien Jurado - ohio daytrotter session
Pedro the Lion - be thou my vision
Joshua Stamper - how thy desires e'er have been
Sufjan Stevens - redford (for yia-yia and pappou)
Amiina - kolapot
Sigur Ros - heysatan
The Album Leaf - streamside
My Brightest Diamond - i have never loved someone
But since making it, I've discovered some missing songs. Take note, Jacob! All three happen to have nature themes, and what more perfect way to fall asleep?
Fleet Foxes - blue spotted tail
So peaceful and dreamy!
Welcome Wagon - nature's goodnight
I've never been able to make a chord organ sound this soothing!
Feist - cicadas and gulls
Is there a better lullaby voice in all of show business?
Sunday, November 11, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Love the CD and love the new additions.
-Steve
Post a Comment