Thursday, December 25, 2014

Advent 37: Promises kept

Watching over my kids' shoulders, I can't believe how many cartoons have an episode where the characters are bailing out Santa to save Christmas. I don't know if it started with Rudolph or somewhere even before that, but it's a tired plot line.

Despite what they might have you believe, Christmas always comes. As sure as the rising sun, December 25th arrives year in and year out. Despite the wait, it finally arrives, always. You can count on it.

That's in part because, despite the wait, the Messiah finally arrived. As sure as I AM, the expected one came. It was a promise kept. You could count on it.

Which means, as sure as Christmas, he will come again. Just as promised. There will be a wait, but he'll arrive. Count on it.

Faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen.

No comments: