The other kid is quite a collector. His primary obsession is bottle caps, but it pretty much includes anything small, shiny, not shiny, unusual, or ordinary, almost always dirty and laying in cracks of sidewalks, including corks, soda tabs, seashells, rocks, capucine seeds, hazelnuts, acorns, berries, flowers, etc.
Today he came home extremely proud of his prize marron, a type of chestnut. "Papa, guess what I found at school today" was the first thing out of his mouth to greet me, quickly revealing what he was hiding behind his back without giving me time to respond.
"Was your teacher proud of you for finding it?" I asked.
"No, she didn't see it, I hid it in my pocket, because if she would have seen it, she would take it," he said dramatically.
"Ah, you're sneaky."
"Yeah, but she's sneaky, because she's really good at finding our marrons and stealing them."
Tuesday, September 29, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment