Friday, February 18, 2005

i still don't like writing blog titles. it's time to get rid of this silly setting.

it's friday and no one is more thankful than i. is that grammatically correct? or is it "me?" "i" sounds better...more flamboyant...but maybe that's not a good thing.

what are you waiting for?! go listen to headphones! every time i come to the ETC to post, i listen to the whole album all the way through. the song to listen to this time is "natural disaster." i always sing the harmonies to it out loud and everyone looks at me.

this morning was bitter cold but beautiful.

have i mentioned yet that i'm delivering newspapers to the residence halls every morning this semester? well i am. i swore after being a paperboy in high school that i would never do it again, but here we are. it seems the things we always swear we wont do are the things we end up doing. thats why im careful to not say i'll never be a pastor. (that was a clever sentence, nathan. thanks, i'm glad you thought so.) but anyway, one good thing about the paper route was always the sunrise.

the sunrise was pretty perfect this morning. i wont try to describe it because you all know what a perfect sunrise looks like. if you dont, you should start waking up earlier. but once the sun came up and i finished the delivery, a nice powdery little snow storm started. and there was still blue skies in some spots and the sun was trying to peek through the gray clouds and was just a white circle behind a screen. snowflakes were falling in big white fluffy teams of snowflake bunches as i walked to class. i tried to catch them on my coat so i could look at them closely. i looked up and watched them falling down on my face. i inhaled and a bunch of them went in my mouth. i didnt want to go in to class.

there was a girl walking on the intersecting sidewalk and her high heels were making loud noises. kerplock kerplock kerplock. if i was blindfolded and i didnt know i was walking on campus, i would have though it was a passing horse.

but as i was saying i really enjoyed that little snowstorm. and i knew there were people muttering under their breath how they want spring to come so badly, and i would normally be doing the same, but this morning it was a gift from god, it was a movie moment, and it was beautiful, and i was thankful, and it was a good way to start the weekend.

and that's my story.

3 comments:

Neville said...

This is the best post you've written since the last time I said 'this is the best post you've written in awhile.' Remember that?
I liked what you said about 'Blue Like Jazz' making you a Christian again and your comment (that you commented yourself on for how it sounded/came off and I agree) fit all too perfectly with people I've talked to lately and their own faith in God. I've stopped saying I will never do something---even if it's something I hate, b/c you never know what God will do then
Also, (long comment I know) you need to look at Cornelius' story in Acts Nathan. It will mess up, shake up and rewire your view of 'christian conversion.'

Chalupa said...

My mom used to always tell me to not say never. I used to say I was never gonna live in Indiana cause I hate the state. Look where that got me....I also notice when girls walk around with really loud shoes. I always have the thought of - if somebody was after them and they had to sneak away there's no way that could possibly happen. It's not like you can travel very fast barefoot.

That probably seems weird I think of that. I also don't always like sitting with my back exposed. I also walk into a room and unconsciously size people up and look for exits sometimes. Am I paranoid? Wow looks like I got a long comment just like Neville....I'll quit rambling.

Anonymous said...

so I'm reading your blog now...thanks for the link to Headphones - I'm liking them. See you around.

-- Robby