Monday, March 20, 2006

All the boys at school liked my haircut. They said things like, "Fresh haircut mister! Smooth! Lookin' Good!" All the girls at school hated my haircut, or at least wanted to belittle me and found this to be the easiest way. They said underhanded things like "Nice haircut, Mister..." while rolling their eyes, frowning, and snickering with their girlfriends.

Last night when I was talking to Dan, the words, "Yeah, that's how I roll" slipped out of my mouth. I spent most of last night and the better part of today wondering where that came from. These kids are rubbing off on me.

We spent the weekend on the road. We visited a friend in Charlottesville, VA and hung out on the campus of the Univ of Virginia. It was lovely and it made me wish I went to a real college. Next we went to a wedding in Charlotte, NC. We were almost late for the wedding. I was changing my shoes and socks at traffic lights and putting on my tie as we walked in. We were about 3 minutes late, but luckily it hadn't started yet. Then we drove home. I-81 in NC and VA is absolutely beautiful driving. Next time you take a road trip, I recommend working it into the route somehow.

I need your help and here's the deal. I haven't bought a good new t-shirt in a really long time. And the ones I'm wearing are getting old and stale and annoying. I'm looking to update my wardrobe and I need your help. Please give suggestions. Am I too old to be purchasing t-shirts from my favorite bands? I am considering shirts from the following people/places: Sufjan or Half Handed Cloud from www.asthmatickitty.com, Why? from www.anticon.com, www.mewithoutyou.com, www.pedrothelion.com or one of his shirts from www.jadetree.com, www.anathallo.com, or maybe something from www.secretlycanadian.com...? Slow Loris finally has some shirts posted again, and I've been waiting to buy from her for a long time, but she only has three posted at the moment at www.slowshirts.com. www.threadless.com has a $10 sale right now til Wednesday. Those of you who know me know I have pretty much no fashion sense at all. So, I'm asking you to dress me. These times where I build my wardrobe are very few and far between, so as far as giving your two cents goes, it's now or never. If I'm looking in all the wrong places and band t-shirts are out of style for a nearly 23 year-old, please say so.

Maybe I should stick to thrift-shopping, but I've never been very good at that either. If you send me a good thrift store shirt, I'll pay you for it.

1 comment:

nateshorb said...

anyone??? i really was looking for some help here.