Tuesday, July 18, 2006
I'm at Panera again. There are two people at a table near me and an older but hip woman and a younger, hip, good-looking and successful man. They've been talking for a long time, so I finally decided to take off my headphones and eavesdrop. At first I head several buzzwords that made me think they were Christians, youth leaders perhaps, planning a big church event. But the longer I listened I've discovered they're talking about hypnosis, a topic the younger man wrote his master's thesis on. I'm intrigued, and a bit creeped out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
This is so funny to me--I work in a big ol' youth ministry with several young pastors in their twenties. I'm 43. Anyway, our church is very close to Panera, which is unofficially our 2nd office. What made these people look like youth workers to you?
Post a Comment