happy black friday.
my wife is pretty crazy.
for the third year in a row, she's been more or less in charge of planning a thanksgiving dinner at our church for people who don't have anywhere else to go or who don't have money or food in general. this year, we decided to deliver the meals to people. well, when all was said and done yesterday, with the help of a lot of other people of course, we delivered meals to 240 people in surrounding cities. 240 people!
and as if she wasn't content with feeding only 240 people, she decided we needed to be in charge of another thanksgiving meal at our apartment afterwards.
and, of course, in the end, she proved to me it could all be done. so, it's been a long couple of days, and we slept pretty dang well last night.
when i told erica she was crazy on wednesday, she said, "what do you mean?" i said, "you don't exactly bite off more than you can chew...but your mouth is pretty much as full as it can get...you can chew it, but just barely."
Friday, November 24, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Ok, I had a heck of a week last week, but I'm all caught up with your blog.
I miss you and was sorry I couldn't go to Liz's wedding and even MORE sorry now that I know you were there! You should have made another 3 hour trip to Chicago.
I'm glad you are digging the new Damien Jurado. I LOVE it. I'm also been listening to Why? a lot lately again, too.
You should really give a look into Nina Simone. She's turning my world upside down!
Miss you and love you.
xo
Post a Comment