Thursday, December 07, 2006

My wife will try to tell you not to get the new Sufjan Steven's Christmas Box Set, but I would encourage you to at least listen to his version of Holy, Holy, Holy, which does an amazing amount of justice to the song, and Jamin would encourage you to listen to Sister Winter, and I would too, so you should probably get on that.

You can stream it here, click on the Peace album, 15:23 for Sister Winter, 28:37 for Holy Holy Holy.

Yes, Jamin, I give you full credit here.

And to my family members: this is the only thing I can think of for my Christmas list. There's five discs, so you can split the cost and I give you permission to open it up and each give me one individually.

1 comment:

Neville said...

This is the only official thing I've asked for for Christmas too. It's nice to have a short list. Substance goes a long way when your name is Sufjan you know.

Which makes me wonder: how many young boys when me and you are age 40 will be running around with little Sufjans? Have you ever thought about that Nate? If you have, I'm sure you've hated the thought...but I was just thinking...if I named one of my kids that, would you hate me? Or be jealous? Or think I was completely lame?

"Son, I heard this guy at Taylor when I was a senior there and well..it was in the Union and it was love at first sound. That's why I named you Sufjan."

I've seen too many movies.