Friday, February 22, 2008

nateshorb, jr.

A friend of ours had a baby the other night. At school yesterday, as Nate and I walked with my fifth graders from lunch to recess, I told him the news. One boy who is known for using his big mouth to be incredibly weird overheard me and asked excitedly, "Your wife had a baby?!"

"Yes," I replied nonchalantly, going back to my conversation with Nate.

He ran from us and began screaming to all his friends, "MR. SHORB'S A DADDY!!!!" As is typical, they all ignored him, which they have gradually learned to do over the course of the year, immediately knowing he's just being his weird self.

He spent the rest of the day congratulating me on my new son. I thanked him each time.

So, here's Erica shortly after giving birth to Nate Shorb the Second. She looks good considering the circumstances, doesn't she? She's a tough cookie. And Arbonne helps too, of course.

(...Eeehhh...Two Nate Shorbs in the world? A scary thought...)

No comments: