It's a big day in Pennsylvania as it's finally our turn to vote in the primaries. Hillary and Obama have been hanging out in the Lehigh Valley try to gain some more votes.
A second grader I've never met approached me in the hallway this morning and politely said, "Good Morning, Mr. Shorb!" I said hello and she asked, "Are you voting for Obama today?"
A bit surprised with the question, I stalled, "Hmmm...I'm not sure...Do you think I should?"
"Oh yes, I think you should," she replied. I didn't have the heart to tell her I was registered independent, so I wouldn't be casting a vote today. Instead, I told her I appreciated the advice.
"Anyway, I thought I saw you in an Obama picture," she added.
"ME?"
"Mmhmm. Was it you? I thought for sure that it was."
I told her I didn't think it was me, and with that she was called back into her classroom.
Tuesday, April 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Who will you be voting for in November if you could pick from the three candidates at present? Obama? McCain? Or Clinton?
Please Nate, do tell. I forgot to ask you this on the phone tonight. :)
(and I mean as of now who would you vote for? i know things can change. you are not legally binded to the answer you give here, now.) :)
Post a Comment