DOL, in teacher lingo, stands for Daily Oral Language, which consists of throwing a couple of sentences riddled with mistakes up on the board, then having the students edit and correct them. That was this morning's last minute morning work after I couldn't think of anything else for the kids to do.
I thoughtlessly stole the sentences out of the DOL book, and I'll be the first to admit some of them didn't make much sense at all. The mistakes were so bad that you weren't quite sure what they were supposed to mean.
So of course, that caused the students to start whining, repeatedly saying, "That doesn't make any sense!"
Finally, one quick-witted boy slyly asked, "Mr. Shorb, can we just do like you do to our papers and put a big question mark next to each sentence?"
I laughed so hard at that I was tempted to say yes.
Thursday, March 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment