Monday, April 06, 2009

Bachelor Life 2

Erica's in California again.

I really can and usually do take care of myself. I do my fair share of grocery shopping and cooking and cleaning as it is. I can wake myself up and get out of bed on my own when she's around.

But something happens when your spouse leaves. Everything tends to fall apart. I woke up an hour later than I wanted to this morning.

I didn't eat breakfast. No cereal, no eggs, no toast on hand.

It was slim pickings for dinner, too, but thankfully it was Monday Madness at Little Caesar's. It really is pretty much impossible to pass up a large pizza for $3.99, no matter how completely awful it makes you feel immediately afterwards.

Now, I just got back home, and fed myself espresso chip ice cream and a glass of ginger ale for a bedtime snack.

Pathetic.

Something tells me I shouldn't be admitting all of this on the internet.

3 comments:

jamin said...

Nathan, nathan, nathan!

This is your chance to revert to the old days of pleasing yourself! Wake up and make coffee and a huge egg, bagel and cheese sandwich and put a record on. Record music loudly and frequently! Watch documentaries! Don't give in to the helplessness that seems so easy. Indulge yourself, friend!

nateshorb said...

I KNOW but that's exactly the point. I turn into this helpless, lethargic sort-of time waster! I don't know where to turn or what to do or how to spend my time!

amanda + daniel said...

hilarious; i hope she comes home to you soon!