Saturday, July 18, 2009

cell phone swim

I've heard numerous stories of cell phones being dropped in water and surviving after ample time to dry out.

But does anyone know about any success stories of cell phones surviving a 30 minute-or-more swim in the back pocket of a swimsuit? Yeah, we're not talking a quick dip or anything here. We're talking a full game of Marco Polo, throwing my nephew and niece around, and starting a whirlpool.

It laid in front of a fan yesterday, on the bathroom heater overnight, and the next step is putting it in a bowl of white rice to absorb the moisture. My brother told me that tip and I wasn't quite sure I could believe him, but then I found a few other people on the web recommending the same thing, so I figured it had to be true.

So, it's still drying and I haven't tested it yet. Needless to say, if you're trying to call, I won't be getting your message for a little while.

5 comments:

andy said...

How could you not believe your own brother?!?!

Tina Die said...

HAHA---mine went thru the washer for about 10 minutes. It did dry out and I used it for about another year before it stopped working---no idea if it was related to the wash or not!

nateshorb said...

So I tried today after giving almost 3 full days to dry out.

No luck.

Time to beg some friends for an old cell phone or find a cheap one somewhere.

The Lundys said...

Go with eBay...

jamin said...

im pretty sure i have one or two old verizon cellphones laying around if that helps you at all...