Yikes. Somewhere between panicking about the new class I started today and preparing for the other class I'm starting Friday night, I decided to go on a music rampage.
Heard about Aaron Strumpel and listened to enough snippets and read enough reviews that I was convinced to buy his super unique take on a lot of the Psalms right on the spot.
Wondered why I never knew about WHY?'s live recording called Almost Live from Eli's Live Room. It's a perfect compilation of their greatest hits featuring their super-tight and extra-creative live arrangements. Holy moly! Passed up the hard copy and used an iTunes giftcard and enjoying it as I type.
How could I pass up using the rest of the gift card once I started? Added Joanna Newsom's Milk-Eyed Mender and Y's Street Band to my library.
Geez, now that I type all this I realize I'm in a really oddball music mood today.
Had a dollar left on the iTunes card, picked up Sufjan's track from the I'm Not There soundtrack, which I didn't know about, and sounds beautiful as ever.
But as I was browsing at options, I decided to use a Best Buy giftcard to pick up something I am way behind on: the Dark was the Night compilation, which just looks absolutely wonderful featuring all of today's greatest music makers.
Started browsing at shows while I was at it, and I'm a bit bummed that some great looking shows in Philly will all be on weeknights this fall. The Books, whom I don't know a lot about but would enjoy getting to know live, are playing Tues 9/15. Mum, who only come around ever so often from the other side of the pond, are playing Thurs 10/22. And good golly yes! Do Make Say Think, who also only comes around so often from the Great White North, is playing on Mon 11/30.
I might be showing up to school a bit sleepy this fall.
Monday, July 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
'Dark Was the Night' is a VERY good compilation
Post a Comment