Thursday, December 03, 2009

Happy

It was lunch time. I was sitting with the teachers, we were joking, telling funny stories, watching kids and laughing.

A boy approached the table with some caution and a big grin. He said to me, "Mr. Shorb, it's so good to see you happy! You don't laugh very much, and it's just really good to see you having such a good time over here!"

Of course, this got me laughing even more. "Well thank you. It's a heartwarming sight, huh? You're heart is warmed?"

"Definitely. I'm really happy for you."

What a sweetheart. Not sure what it says about me, but it was nice for him to notice. Good empathy!

On the way to recess, I did my little jump-and-a-kick-of-the-heels move back and forth all the way down the path, yelling "I'm happy!" over and over. The class thought this was the most amazing thing they had ever seen. They started laughing uncontrollably and screaming and running towards the playground in a fit of glee.

It was all kind of nice.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love it! I love it!
I need more of that uninhibited
happiness! Hopefully, it will rub off on your father!!!!