Thursday, May 27, 2010

Phoenix/Paris

I realize I'm at least a year behind the rest of the world in appreciating the band Phoenix, and a large part of my current enjoyment does in fact have something to do with those sweet kids from Staten Island.

But I'm loving them more and more, and as Erica and I wrap up our jobs in preparation for moving to Paris, a video like this one gets me really, really excited.

The other videos--just as good if not better--feature a lucky group on a tour bus, and a performance under a bridge which--if I have my bearings straight--is right next to the spot where I took a holga photo of a giant plastic ice cream cone on a sidewalk concession stand with the Eiffel Tower in the background.

1 comment:

jamin said...

definitely at least one year behind. but better late than never. listened to that record nearly exclusively for months last year. so so so good! i think one of the reasons i love it so much is because it just feels like the most genuinely happy music ever made.