Monday: Our apparently Protestant kids chose to protest at the Christmas Eve mass, we were forced to bail early.
Tuesday: Whole family stayed in our pajamas until 4:30.
Wednesday: While trying to trim a rose bush I snipped off the tip of my finger with pruning shears on what was supposed to be the last cut. Never saw my body bleed like that. Went to the emergency room for the fourth time in my 2 year existence on French soil, this time with a baggie of ice in hand containing the little sliver of my finger, just in case. The doctor said, "Nothing we can do. But that's not pretty."
Drove more than an hour back to the Ikea where the kid lost his precious stuffed animal more than a week earlier. They had, thankfully, found it. He's been a much happier kid since, sleeping much better.
Thursday: Took the kid to a pediatrician 45 minutes away because our region has a shortage of doctors. Was being seen for a wicked sort of diaper rash. She prescribed violet water. We don't really understand what it is, but instead of his buttocks being red, they are now stained bright purple. Our hands too.
Wanted to go ice skating while in that town, you know, do something Christmas-y. It started pouring. We had no umbrella. When we got home the sun came out.
Friday: I didn't mention that as of Tuesday, we were illegal immigrants, our resident cards expiring on Christmas of all days. The grumpy receptionist at the Prefecture told me the immigrant office no longer accepted phone calls. If I wanted any information I had to come in. We packed up the family and left the house by 8AM. They had our cards, surprised I didn't receive notice already, made sure I was aware how much of an exception they were making because card-pick-up only happens on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Told me grumpy lady was lying, they still accept phone calls. Scraped what felt like the last few pennies out of our bank accounts to pay for the cards. Got home and found in our mailbox the notification saying they were ready.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment