It takes me a while to discover new music. Even if I hear rave reviews of the same band over and over, it's still rare for me to actually look them up and give a listen.
Alt-J caught my attention because I saw them in American reviews and French reviews. They played a club in my region in the fall and their name was seen on posters around town. I saw a clip of a video that intrigued me. And then this showed up in my RSS feed. And so I listened intently for the first time. They had me at hello.
I watched it with the boys. The little one danced and grooved. But the big one watched unimpressed, bored.
"Do you like these guys?"
"No."
"Why not?"
"I just don't."
"Well what kind of music do you like?"
"The man with the mustache going up and down."
He was, much to my dismay, not referring to an Icelandic mustachioed hipster band, but to this video. And I will now focus my music indoctrination efforts toward the little one.
Friday, December 21, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment