Tuesday, October 17, 2006

The other week I decided to play a who-can-answer-first-on-the-chalkboard game with one of my classes. When I asked one team what their name was going to be, their ringleader replied with a smile, "Team Smart!"

It made me chuckle, so I put it up on the board. The other team had a hard time coming up with a name, so I gave them the name "Team Smarter" just to spite the other team's ringleader.

We played the same game again today, so I gave the teams the same names, Team Smart on one board, Team Smarter on the other.

The ringleader was still upset that he wasn't on the smarter team, so he tried an antic in order to get the last laugh. He took a piece of chalk and added three letters on the board, changing his team name to "Team Smartist." He turned around with a proud smile.

Needless to say, it backfired brilliantly and the rest of us got the last laugh instead. And boy was I laughing.

No comments: