Monday, October 23, 2006

Travis and Angela came and left with a production of Godspell, time with my parents, cheesesteaks and Liberty Bells in between. It's always good to see friends.

Our livingroom stereo has been broken for several months now, and I just recently discovered I could listen to CDs on our DVD player, which will have to do for now. Sometimes, tonight for example, I get the rare urge to listen to Scientific, which gives me the urge to listen to Seldom, all of which brings back memories of a really great show in Chicago, along with a very uncomfortable yet oddly enjoyable trip in a pickup truck, which makes me remember driving 5 hours to see shows on a regular basis, and all of this kind of makes me resent adulthood and all of its busyness.

Let me give you an update on my car. Insurance totaled it. No surprise seeing as how they gave me a repair estimate twice the amount of the one I got and gave me an appraisal on my car half of what I was expecting. So I got out with $700, which is $350 more than what I paid for it. I talked to our mechanic friend and he said the damage wasn't anything too bad, and he and his men could pull some things out and replace some other things and make it look good enough to pass inspection for a few more years. The only drawback? He couldn't find a silver trunk lid to match mine...the closest he could get was champagne. So, starting tomorrow, I'll be driving a silver car with a gold trunk. I'm hoping to buy a gold hood to match on the front end.

Tonight we finished season three of Arrested Development, which means it's all over and done with. It really is baffling how all the good shows get cancelled so quickly. Let's keep our fingers crossed for The Office.

I love Paste Magazine, but the fact that they've gone monthly just simply stresses me out.

The Second-Annual-Shorb-Apartment-Costume-Gala-Halloween/Harvest-Party-Extravaganza will be held this Friday at 8:00.

I don't know...I've held off on this squirrel story so long, I'm just not sure it's worth it anymore.

I need to write a research paper for my grad class. Any topic ideas?

Today I was losing patience with kids who take pleasure in trashing my room...ripping stuff off walls, throwing trash on the floor, writing on desks, and so on. I just can't put up with it anymore. I'm too easygoing for my own good.

More thoughts are swirling, perhaps they'll find their way here soon.

2 comments:

Chalupa said...

You should look into some gold rims for that sweet car of yours. Maybe even some gold pinstriping.

amanda & daniel said...

is there anything on the planet funnier than george michael in a jetpack & tobias in a mole suit...?