Saturday, February 03, 2007

I apologize that this site is becoming a place for movie reviews more than anything, but it's worth mentioning that PAN'S LABYRINTH is more than worthy of the attention its been getting. Sixty percent period war drama and forty percent wild, imaginative fantasy, I can safely say it was unlike any other movie I've ever seen.

4 comments:

jamin said...

I wish it was sixty percent fantasy, and forty percent war period piece.

But I loved it nonetheless.

nateshorb said...

agreed.

Chalupa said...

Liz and I just saw it last night and we really liked it too. We definitely agreed this wasn't much of a children's movie, but more like Aesop's Fables where people get killed and eaten. Not much like our g-rated American fairy tales.

Anonymous said...

I agree with you Jamin too, but then again, isn't that what we want out of life too? More fantasy, more beauty, and less less war. But which one is more real?

But again, don't get me wrong I kept thinking that as I was watching it.

"Go back to the Labyrinth little girl!!!! I want to see what's going on down there." (Neville)