Tuesday, September 18, 2007

I have yet to have a student call my wardrobe "mad whack" (which is a bad thing). On the other hand, I have yet to have a student call my wardrobe "mad bangin'" (which is a good thing). They haven't even said either of those in their own vernacular.

Instead, most of them have decided to remain neutral, simply commenting on color schemes and the like. Things such as...

"You wear earthtones often." or "That tie is orange." or "Was your shirt that white this morning?"

Neutral indeed. Must be the art of diplomacy they've been taught at home. I'm on to them.

In the same vein, I think they know that using the comment "interesting" is fairly neutral itself. When I wrote the word on one boy's paper he asked me, "So is that a good thing or a bad thing? How did you mean it?"

They're on to me.

No comments: