I think I'm contradicting myself in that last post. And again, maybe it will all be cleared up when I continue on with the rest of the book.
On one hand, we can save ourselves the trouble of reinventing the wheel if we take a close look at things first, reading accounts like Chesterton is going to share.
On the other hand, if we insist on setting out to find something new, let us not resist returning to the same place we started, and let us rejoice in the incident, for we learned a lot in the journey and what was once commonplace and mundane is now meaningful and brilliant.
And however it happens, isn't it wonderful to know that people went through the same thing one hundred years ago? There's nothing new under the sun.
And with all this talk of discovering what we sought out to avoid...does this have anything to do with my trying to avoid being a pastor?
Friday, November 23, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment