Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Weiss Family

Lord, I could never show you anything as beautiful as you.


Went to see the Weiss Family Tour on Saturday night just like I was hoping to for months now. It was the last show of the tour, so spirits were mostly high. The sound was awful and the lighting was poor and Damien Jurado seemed a little cranky or at least a lot punk rock and played only songs that none of us knew. Those things made it not exactly rise to the high expectations I had, but the instrumentation and arrangements of the Weiss Family were excellent. I loved it. So while they're not exactly still playing the music that made me absolutely love them several years back, I'm definitely not ready to leave them behind any time soon. One thing's for sure, Aaron's lyrics are still enducing chills and a heart on the verge of bursting.

We have every intention to be failures in this world.

Come now, empty handed, you don't need anything.

No comments: