In case you don't know, Arcade Fire is one of the most significant bands making music today. They've put out two albums in a row that were pretty much flawless. The third is called The Suburbs and it's about to be released this week. Take note.
I've recently confessed my apathetic attitude toward show-going in my older age, but this is one band I recently vowed not to miss if I ever had the chance. Well, Monday's my chance at the Mann Center for the Performing Arts in Philadelphia with Spoon opening. Pricey tickets in hand. I'm quite excited.
If you want to know what the hype is about, well, this little band is heading up to NYC right after Philly for TWO shows at this small hole-in-the-wall called Madison Square Garden. On Thursday night, while Erica and I will be stuck on a small island without electricity let alone wifi, you can watch the show being streamed on YouTube. You know what to do.
It's not often I'm promoting a band that's this popular, so you should realize how serious this is.
more info: arcadefire.com
Saturday, July 31, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
so.
i have this record. ive listened to this record. i can still tell they are a great band but i think i might be over them
but maybe thats just me?
Post a Comment