There's this long and repetitive and borderline-obnoxious song by Howard Hello, two songs, actually, that are back to back on the album and flow into one another. Besides its 5/4 time signature, I really like that it builds and builds instrumentally until finally, the singer starts singing for the first time in several minutes, a simple but revolutionary line, over and over so that you can't run away from it: "You were right, I was wrong..."
Another way of saying what was said here is this:
It's our natural inclination to focus on what we're doing right and what everyone else is doing wrong.
What would happen if we reversed that, looking at what we're doing wrong and what everyone else is doing right?
Now, it might not be healthy to stay there and only there, of course, but what a place to start!
Tuesday, October 26, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
this song has definitely earned my favor and respect while initially finding it "repetitive and therefore slightly irritating." I even found myself using the phrase with a client "You were right and I was wrong." and realized our stubborn hearts, minds and mouths really need the repetition to get it.
Post a Comment