I keep coming back to two places on Andrew Bird's latest.
And I'm excited to find that both songs from the concert we recently attended are online, from pretty much the exact place we were standing.
My favorite song from the album has to be Hole in the Ocean Floor.
album:
live in Paris, how he chose to open the show:
But if I have to choose a song for a mix tape to give you, it would be "Orpheo Looks Back." That simple descending rhythmic riff sticks in my head all, day, long and keeps my head incessantly bopping back and forth. The weird interlude appearing for the first time at 1:10 is kind of distracting and takes away from the song, in my opinion, kinda neat but doesn't quite fit. But the rest is just so sweetly catchy that I can easily overlook it.
album:
live in Paris:
Don't look back, it'll drive you mad, and if it drives you mad, it'll probably pass.
And watch the best example of his pizzicato violin looping skills here.
Saturday, April 07, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment