Wednesday, September 03, 2003

Went to a show last night. Songs:ohia was the band. The venue was awesome. An old firehouse, and the owner writes grant proposals and gets grants to keep the place absolutely free. Ingenious. The show was…ok…I think I really needed to be familiar with the music to enjoy it. The music was good, but I just wasn’t into it. Plus the guitar player was really odd looking, I guess just not like I expected, and the drummer looked like an ugly guy on campus who is always making out with his girlfriend, so those circumstances were distracting. But there was a guy who was playing the steel slide guitar thinger, and man oh man could he ever make that thing sing. He was really great. So, the concert was ok, but the company was nice and fun. And on the way home we passed a speedway gas station, and the s and the d weren’t lit up in the sign, and it said “pee way.” And it was absolutely hilarious. Absolutely hilarious. I laughed. A lot.

No comments: