Is this really my last day of summer?
I expected this last week or so to go one of two ways. On one hand, the possibility of living it up was there...eating out, watching movies, celebrating with friends, so on and so forth, really making the most of my last week of freedom. On the other more likely hand, I was expecting to be in a deep state of depression and panic, balled up on the couch, not saying a word even to Erica, turning down all offers and avoiding all social interaction.
Really, it's been neither of those. It's been a casual, relaxed week, doing things here and there, not really realizing the impending doom. I'm going back to another year of school tomorrow like it's any other day, just another to-do on the calendar, not at all acknowledging the whirlwind my life will become, the complete 180 change of a schedule. It's really a state of naivete, I think.
But maybe, and hopefully, it's the turning of a new leaf. That Psalm I posted yesterday was one David Mauldin always brought up, but it really didn't hit me until I read it yesterday. Maybe, hopefully, after a year of sowing tears, I'll be reaping joy, a joy that's apparent to my students and coworkers, an outlook and way of going about things that will completely change the way I work and live and interact and function. Maybe this year, instead of survival mode where I keep begging the ocean to roll on while struggling to keep my head above water, I'll be able to enjoy the moment, be a little more innovative, invest in kids and coworkers a little bit more.
It's a lot to ask for, and it's probably wishful thinking--naivete, again--but what if? Wouldn't it be nice?
I guess it has become my prayer. So, if you're the praying type, and you think of me, you can pray for that, too. Thanks.
And with that: So long, summer! You've been good to me!
Tuesday, August 22, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment