Wednesday, August 23, 2006

It was a long and somewhat exhausting day, one in which things were accomplished, though not enough. My stomach was queasy in the morning, my attitude/outlook/demeanor was poor, but all of this improved throughout the day, despite some less than desirable news.

Since last year I knew a few things were possible regarding this year's teaching position, some of which I really feared, but all of which I didn't think were very likely.

Well, they happened.

First, I will be teaching 8th grade this year. Not a bad thing necessarily, but the idea of starting from scratch again, learning a new curriculum, teaching new concepts, creating new tests, quizzes, worksheets, lesson, activities, and so on is one that is daunting to say the least. But that's not all. Second, I will be teaching, for the most part, the same sections of kids I taught last year. Yes. The same students. The same ones.

Yeah.

Surprisingly, my outlook somehow stayed positive throughout the day. And we'll take it a day at a time from here.

No comments: