It's a snow-day of sorts, and Erica and I are both feeling a tad bit sick. We're trying to make the most of it, progressing on Christmas gifts and other projects, but things like naps and tv-on-the-internet have been stealing our attention. I really must at least get to grading a few papers. Looks like our road has been plowed now, so that gives us a little more motivation to get out.
Anyway,
Here is a nice advent reflection.
If it hasn't already come and gone from your local hole-in-the-wall indie joint, be sure to catch Lars and the Real Girl. It's worth it. It's a charming little thing that becomes a lovely little advent reflection of its own. There are a lot of similarities to other movies (Punch-Drunk Love, Stranger Than Fiction, Junebug, About Schmidt, and even this year's Dan in Real Life, I think), really any movie that stars a slightly peculiar lead character, but it has enough bizarre uniqueness to stand on its own.
Still no word from Asthmatic Kitty...but Sounds Familyre is posting their very own collection of music songs for their roster's artists. Free! It's pretty nice so far. Half-Handed Cloud is sweet as always, Dan Zimmerman is nice, and I absolutely love the Soul-Junk song.
Last night I broke out the saxophone for the youth group's 50's party. Wes Checkeye and the Drive-Ins cranked out quite a few hits, and I was glad to join them as always. I honestly cannot tell you the last time I touched that saxophone. I have no idea. It came back considerably quickly though, and boy did it feel nice to have it back in my hands.
That's all the random thoughts for now. If I can muster up the focus, I'll crank out another post or two before this snowday is through.
Sunday, December 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment