I can't say it like I write it...I can't write it like I think it...I can't think it like I feel it...and I don't feel a thing.
Sunday, December 16, 2007
You can tell a lot about a man by the way he shovels snow.
4 comments:
Anonymous
said...
Care to expound on that thought? What if the said man spends all day inside watching football, keeping tabs on his two fantasy football playoff teams and doesn't even touch a shovel? At least that said man was in church.
All I have to say is, good luck to said man tomorrow. I hope he has an ice chipper on hand. I got to my shoveling just in time when things were nice and slushy.
And I'm glad said man got to church this morning. I hope he continued to honor the Sabbath in God-glorifying ways throughout the rest of the day.
He heard the words drag out. He felt them pull out of his mouth like freight cars, jangling, backing up on each other, grating to a halt, sliding, clinching back, jarring, and then suddenly stopping as roughly as they had begun. It was over. --Flannery O'Connor, "The Barber"
4 comments:
Care to expound on that thought? What if the said man spends all day inside watching football, keeping tabs on his two fantasy football playoff teams and doesn't even touch a shovel?
At least that said man was in church.
All I have to say is, good luck to said man tomorrow. I hope he has an ice chipper on hand. I got to my shoveling just in time when things were nice and slushy.
And I'm glad said man got to church this morning. I hope he continued to honor the Sabbath in God-glorifying ways throughout the rest of the day.
Truth be told, said man never shovels....that's what gas guzzling 4x4's are for.
Hmm...that sounds familiar...was that one of Jeff Foxworthy's lines in his "You Might Be a Redneck..." jokes?
:)
Post a Comment